At the recent World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, top technology leaders shared their views on the impact and future of artificial intelligence (AI). Some key points from these leaders include:
- IBM CEO Arvind Krishna emphasized the importance of trusted AI and its potential to create jobs and increase productivity.
- C3.ai CEO Tom Siebel discussed the growth of enterprise AI and the need to address real-world problems like social media manipulation.
- Lenovo President Matt Zielenski highlighted the rapid pace of AI innovation and its potential to transform the relationship between humans and technology.
- Splunk CEO Gary Steele discussed the importance of policy and security in the rollout of AI, particularly in combating misinformation and disinformation.
- Checkpoint Global CTO Dorit Dor emphasized the need for cybersecurity and the use of AI in both attacking and defending against cyber threats.
- Ericsson Head of Business Area Asa Tamsons discussed the intersection of technology advancements, digital transformation, and sustainability.
- Infleqtion CEO Scott Faris highlighted the commercialization progress of quantum computing and its potential to enhance AI.
In addition, the author declared 2024 as the “year of implementation” for AI, with a focus on real-world and achievable AI applications rather than science-fiction concepts. The article concludes by stating that AI will remain a critical discussion point for the foreseeable future.